“Drink more water!” You’ve heard it many times and it’s for good reason. Drinking more water is the best and cheapest way to improve health, lose weight, and just feel better. Benefits of drinking more water include:
- Flushing toxins from vital organs
- Helping to carry nutrients to your cells
- Helping your digestive system run more efficiently
- Improving skin elasticity and appearance
- Improving energy and reducing hunger
- Regulating body temperature
- Lubricating and cushioning joints
- Helping your brain create hormones and neurotransmitters
- Protecting your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Combating dehydration, which is linked to poor digestion, fatigue, brain fog, headaches, depression, and other unwanted symptoms
How Much is Enough?
You can use your body weight as a guide. Your daily water intake (in ounces) should be approximately half your weight (in pounds). For example, a 150-pound adult should have approximately 75 ounces of water each day.
Join the Challenge to Feel Better!
Simply download the 1-Week Water Challenge Chart below and place on your refrigerator, your wall, or keep in your planner. On top write in your daily goal in ounces, calculated per the body weight guide above. Then each time you drink water fill in the number of ounces on the glasses and then add up the total amount per day.
Most importantly, each day add a comment about how you are feeling and then see how much better you feel by Day 7!
Don’t forget to come back to this site and post a comment to let us know when you start the challenge, how your progress is going, and how this has made a difference in how you are feeling at the end of the week!
I’d love to hear and post your story!